Cosmetic surgery in Thailand — procedures for men
These days, more and more men are choosing to undergo plastic surgery in Thailand. The operations that we offer specifically to male patients include:
- Male breast surgery (for the treatment of gynecomastia)
- Gender reassignment surgery
Reduce "man boobs” and enhance your upper body contour
Gynaecomastia is the scientific term for the development of enlarged breasts in men. It can occur in men of any age and is characterised by excess localized fat and/or excess glandular tissue development, which can lead to men being self-conscious with or without their shirts on. Occasionally there is also loose/excess skin around the area.
When present in one "breast” only gynaecomastia is said to be unilateral. Bilateral gynaecomastia affects both "breasts”.
Most cases of gynaecomastia are physiological (caused in response to hereditary or the regular hormonal changes of the body during puberty and growth), some may be due to underlying medical issues such as endocrine diseases, or the use of certain prescription or recreational drugs. In the latter case, it is important first to identify and treat the cause prior to conducting any surgery (since the surgery will not be successful until the underlying cause is addressed).
It can result in embarrassment, emotional discomfort and self-consciousness. It can cause you to lose your self-confidence and avoid physical activities and intimacy in order to hide your condition.
Fortunately, gynaecomastia can be corrected with surgery, however it is a highly individualised procedure and should not be done to win the approval of anyone else, but only for your own satisfaction.
We find the best results with:
- Patients where the condition cannot be corrected through alternative medical treatments
- Healthy individuals with no life-threatening illnesses or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Non-drug users
- Men with a body mass index below 30
- Men who combine realistic expectations with a positive outlook and specific goals for improving the physical symptoms of gynaecomastia
- Patients who are physically healthy and of relatively normal weight
- Patients where breast development has stabilised.
Adolescents may benefit from surgery, but they may require secondary procedures if breast development continues in future.
Discreet, professional gender reassignment procedures
Gender reassignment surgery (male to female) is only available to patients who fulfill certain criteria:
- Patients must be at least 18 years old. Patients under 20 years old will require parental permission.
- Patients must also have approval from a psychiatrist (MD), psychiatric social worker (PhD), or clinical psychologist (PhD), and must provide a referral letter.